Monday, March 28, 2011

Still....

I'm lying here in bed. It is the end of my day. Our 5 year old daughter is lying next to me and my husband is doing "Hebrew" homework, in the background I'm listening to Hillsong United "Still". I've played that song at least twice tonight and over 100 times in my head through out the day.  The words to that song come to my mind quite often. "when the oceans rise and thunder roars, I will soar with you above the storm; Father you are King over the flood, I will be STILL and KNOW you are G-d." 

 Being "Still" is something I struggle with daily. I am worry wart by nature. I've worried myself sick before. We get so busy in the loudness of our daily life that we can't hear G-d's voice. 

Being "still" is detaching your self from all the thoughts, all the worries in your life. Finding your quite time alone with G-d is important when we want to hear his voice. 

Being here, so far away from home has taught me that I have to be "still" and trust in the Lord and he will lead us to the path that he has chosen for us. I have to admit, it is hard sometimes. I think about how will we ever be able to pay for school, but then I remember all the miracles that G-d has done in our lives and how he has made it possible for us to be here. I also think about the future: what plans does he have for us? and I stop myself. I think about a magnet on my refrigerator door. "We have nothing to fear for the future, unless we forget how G-d has led us in the past."

Right now, our house is quite. The Tv's are off and the cell phones aren't ringing. This is my quite time. the end of my day. I am "Still" Lord... 



Ana







No comments:

Post a Comment